[sword-devel] WikiMedia Extension:SyntaxHighlight GeSHi

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 5 10:38:23 MST 2012

On 03/05/2012 12:28 PM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 03:20 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>> You seem quite taken with USFM, but remember that CrossWire and SWORD
>> do not support USFM as an import or display format. Therefore
>> information beyond just how to convert USFM into OSIS or ThML or GBF
>> which are supported is not really of importance.
> USFM is the format that literally hundreds of minority-language Bible translations exists in. Are you saying that the Sword Project is not interested in importing those?
We are very interested in building modules from USFM and quite committed
to it.

Import in SWORD's lingo is to run a program creating a module whose
format is that of the input. We then have filters for those formats that
result in a display format.

We do format shifting to convert USFM to OSIS and then import that using
osis2mod.

Hope this helps.

In Him,
     DM