[sword-devel] Sword utils not shipped with Xiphos for Windows?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 07:45:59 MST 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM, David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Nine executables normally found in Sword utilities are not included in the
> Xiphos bin folder.
>
> See diff file pasted below:
>
> diff B xiphos.exe.log utils.exe.log
> 0a1
>> addgb.exe
> 1a3,4
>> addvs.exe
>> cipherraw.exe
> 3,5c6,7
> < gdb.exe
> < gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe
> < gspawn-win32-helper.exe
> ---
>> emptyvss.exe
>> genbookutil.exe
> 14a17
>> modwrite.exe
> 15a19,20
>> step2vpl.exe
>> stepdump.exe
> 16a22
>> treeidxutil.exe
> 21d26
> < xiphos.exe

Most of these I am completely unfamiliar with and did not even know
they were SWORD utils. As I mentioned in the other thread, I just
looked through my list of 286 files and added the ones that I knew
were SWORD utils to the package.

emptyvss.exe and cipherraw.exe were merely my eyes overlooking them.

addgb, addvs, genbookutil, modwrite, step2vpl, stepdump, and
treeidxutil I have never even heard of and did not know they existed
until you just sent this message!

--Greg