[sword-devel] Reading kjvfull.xml

Dan Macy drmacy55 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:33:40 MST 2012

I don't know if this is an appropriate place to ask this question, but I'm
hoping someone can give me some guidance. I'm writing a VB.NET program to
read kjvfull.xml. I'm familiar with using the Load method of the XmlDocument
to read the entire file. I'm also familiar with selecting child nodes from
the document element and looping through all of the nodes. However, the
structure of this file is different from anything that I've encountered
before. Rather than having a <verse> tag at the beginning of a verse and a
</verse> tag at the end, it has a <verse> tag with an "sID" atttribute to
start and a <verse> tag with an "eID" attribute to end. I understand why
it's done this way. I just can't figure out how to extract all of the
information (tags and text) between these two verse tags. I can get some of
the information, such as the w and q tags, but untagged text (such as the
spaces between the words) I can't figure out how to access.

If there's someone who has dealt with these kinds of issues before and can
help me get started, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!