[sword-devel] HTML5 File API and SWORD modules

Stephan info at tetzels.de
Tue Jul 31 00:08:46 MST 2012

Hi,

I'm thinking about to build a HTML5 frontend that works offline in a
browser. I know that there were some discussions before about this
topic, but I want to know if it is possible to read the sword modules
with the HTML5 File API (http://www.w3.org/TR/FileAPI/)?

Converting the modules to JSON format may be also an option, although
there is the 2.5/5MB size limit for localStorage / IndexDB, but it would
be easier to read such files.

I already build an SWORD NPAPI plugin (32bit, linux only,
http://www.mail-archive.com/sword-devel@crosswire.org/msg24393.html) to
get my Bible App working in Chrome/Chromium, but I'm looking for a full
offline web app and not a hybrid solution.

Best Regards,
Stephan