[sword-devel] Titles and other Inter-verse material

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Jul 24 00:58:21 MST 2012

> True, indeed. However, when a problem tempts people to extend, bend, or disregard the standard to get proper results, it might be wise to at least consider if the standard itself has a problem, either in the mechanics of it or in the documentation and usage.

One cannot help but think of the "embrace and extend" policy of M$ explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace_and_extend which started off as "embrace, extend then innovate" but turned into "embrace, extend and extinguish"...  I think playing nicely together and compromise generally is preferable :)

<this is where Manfred inserts comments about how PS & MS still haven't reconciled certain Obj-C SWORD-wrapper code branches and that I need to fix that!>