[sword-devel] Problems in new WEBBE and WEBME but not WEB

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:55:01 MST 2012

Thanks Martin,

As these two newly released modules are in CrossWire Main, we should create
an issue in CrossWire Bugs (JIRA).

These are USFM tags for Words of Jesus.

By a lot, you mean 718 instances of \wj_ (where underscore denotes a space),
and the same number of \wj* which is the closing tag.

I'd hazard a guess that the module was made from an OSIS file supplied by
Kahunapule Michael Johnson, and that his own script used to convert USFM to
OSIS has not processed these tags. After all, we know that usfm2osis.pl in
our own utilities handles these tags correctly.

We know that last year he made the decision to adopt USFM as the controlled
source text format for all the translations that he maintains, whereas he
was earlier maintaining the source texts in another format.  Perhaps
somewhere along the line of moving in this direction, this is something he
overlooked?

If we were to download his USFM files, and perform our own conversion to
OSIS, this problem should be solved. That's not to say we might not
introduce other problems of our own making, though!

Best regards,
David Haslam