[sword-devel] Internationalization for Turkish: Dotted and Dotless Letter "I"

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Thu Jan 19 01:36:36 MST 2012

2012/1/10 David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com>:
> Many software and web applications that are already internationalized and are
> successfully supporting many languages, often suffer catastrophic failure
> when they add support for the Turkish language.

David et-all,

True story. Turkish is a deceptively "simple" issue that wreaks havoc
on most any software that handles text strings even if it appears to
work just like any other language at first pass.

If any Sword related software projects are interested in supporting
Turkish and/or having issues doing so, I'd be happy to listen and
perhaps lend a hand. I speak Turkish and am familiar with the issues
it tends to raise.

Caleb