[sword-devel] Status of KJV2006: Underlying Greek text, editorial updates, and linking OT to Hebrew

Weston Ruter westonruter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:14:50 MST 2012

Chris:

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:

> They should refer to the then-current Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine text.

So the @src word indices should match up with the text in BYZ05ASC.ZIP
found at <http://koti.24.fi/jusalak/GreekNT/NTTexts.htm> cf. <
http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/raw/mods.d/byz.conf>? That was
updated in 2006 so I presume the KJV2006 would be using that version. Can
this be confirmed? Is the actual Greek data used available? Of course, in
order to ensure we have the linkages between the KJV and the Greek, we have
to know the actual Greek words that the indicies refer to.

I'm curious as to why Stephen's Textus Receptus (e.g. STEPHENS.ZIP or
ST-SCR2.ZIP from the same URL above) weren't used as the Greek source since
the KJV was translated from TR not strictly from the Majority (Byzantine)
Text, right?

Thanks,
Weston

--