[sword-devel] preverse divs

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 29 10:41:07 MST 2012

On 02/29/2012 12:00 PM, David Haslam wrote:
> Moot point to see all the history of osis2mod up to late last year,
> but if I take [say] the osis2mod.exe that got installed when I installed
> *Xiphos v3.1.5*,
> when I open it without any parameters, just to see the syntax help, the
> first line is:
>
> You are running osis2mod: $Rev$
> OSIS Bible/commentary module creation tool for The SWORD Project
>
> So how does "$Rev$" help one to know which version one was using?

When an SVN client checks out the code it replaces $Rev$ with the latest
revision number of the file. It should be r2671 (r2679 which Greg
mentioned is the revision of the repository as a whole).

> Why don't Sword utilities (for Windows) tell the user exactly which SVN
> version they were compiled from?
I'm pretty sure that the ones that Chris releases do.

> I only know because I asked the question just after Xiphos 3.1.5 was
> released.
Greg gave the explanation. He didn't use an SVN client to check out the
code. The same will probably be true with tei2mod.

Learned something new about git, too :)

In Him,
     DM