[sword-devel] open request: Xiphos builder for Macintosh

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Feb 25 15:47:55 MST 2012

We get somewhat routine inquiries about whether Xiphos can be made
available for Macs.  At this time, we have no developer with a Mac so as
to do the packaging necessary.  That said, it is perfectly possible to
build Xiphos for Macs:

http://surgut.wordpress.com/2009/12/27/xiphos-on-mac-os/

But what we require is someone who can do the job of packaging a
distribution-ready instance of Xiphos.

Is there anyone on these lists who would be willing to volunteer for
such a task?  What's needed is the basic build, figuring out a set of
appropriate "gtkrc" choices to make the program look reasonably Mac-like
(much as was done with the Win32 build, to give Win32-style progress
bars, buttons, tabs, and so forth), and most importantly, of course, the
actual packaging into something a Mac user can download and install.

--karl