[sword-devel] Av11n and coverage

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:23:37 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:

> I agree. And I think that all frontends do handle missing verses in some
> fashion or another. I'm not sure what proper is. Bible Desktop shows a
> verse number and no content. I think it should change, but not sure how.
> But the question started with how to use Synodal versification (which
> contains DC material) to only present the Protestant canon so as to not
> offend and also not to have a proliferation of versifications. (I'm glad
> for David's clarification on Daniel 3.)
BPBible doesn't put verse numbers in for missing verses, and also makes
sure that it handles verse numbers for linked verses properly (i.e. verse
number could be 5-8).

By doing this, the user won't realize that they could have had 100ish
verses in Daniel 3 (that's not quite true - it might be obvious somewhere -
but it is close enough)

God Bless,
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)