[sword-devel] An Outsider's Opinion, or How Bazaar Helped OpenLP Succeed

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 18:02:21 MST 2012

On 19/12/12 21:20, Raoul Snyman wrote:
> Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Raoul Snyman and I am the
> project leader of OpenLP, an open source church worship presentation
> application.

Interesting ... I am just hoping our church would leave OpenSong (Death
to RealBasic!) and after some struggle with making PyQt4 working on my
setup, I think that I will suggest switching to OpenLP. Thanks a lot!

> In my personal opinion, moving to a DVCS will only help SWORD, both in
> terms of frustrations expressed by various parties, but also in
> encouraging more people to collaborate and contribute to SWORD.

Completely agree (just that I am a slave to git, so I have created a git
mirror of your bzr openlp and openlp/2.0 branches on
https://github.com/mcepl/openlp).

Blessings,

Matěj