[sword-devel] filter <!P> patch

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:10:54 MST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Most of the uses of <!P> are found in the HTMLHREF filters, and I believe
> almost all front ends use these filters. Nothing will change in those
> filters, so nothing need be changed in front ends using HTMLHREF.

The next version of Xiphos will use XHTML but previous versions relied
on HTMLHREF. If you want to see how it affects things, you can do a
source build of Xiphos SVN HEAD against SWORD SVN HEAD and you should
be seeing the XHTML results.

BibleTime extends HTMLHREF but heavily modifies it. I don't know if it
ever encounters or handles <!P>. The string '<!P>' only appears once
in the BibleTime source code and that is in a C++ comment.

--Greg