[sword-devel] Bindings cleanups and others

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:52:56 MST 2012

For those of you who don't follow the SVN commit logs I have just
cleaned up a couple of compile warnings that the Python and Perl SWIG
bindings would throw during the install stage. Most notable changes
are removal of the Traversable() and Index() methods on the
sword::SWKey class. If you have code that uses those, you should
update it to use getTraversable/setTravsable and getIndex/setIndex.
These methods have been deprecated in the C++ library for a little
while now and were causing the bindings to give deprecation warnings
during compile.

There were also a few little cleanups of some code internal to the
bindings that were producing warnings. The Python bindings are now
clean, but the Perl bindings are still producing one or two warnings
(better than the 7 or so before!).

There are still lots of SWIG compiler warnings that I'd like to track
down, but the C warnings are now almost gone.

I have also updated CMake to install the Rahlfs's canon header file.

--Greg