[sword-devel] locales.d submission Inuk: iu.conf & iu-utf8.conf

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:11:10 MST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> If this is the intended spelling of these words, i.e. if aaippangit was
> intended rather than iippangit, then there's no problem with including the
> spellings that use the ring characters in the Bible. However, I would still
> add extra lines to the locale that have separate <i> characters for every
> <Caai> and <Cai> character. So, for example, the Exodus block would be:
>
> ᒨᓯᓯᑦ ᐂᑉᐸᖏᑦ=Exod
> ᒨᓯᓯᑦ ᐋᐃᑉᐸᖏᑦ=Exod
> 2 ᒨᓯᓯᑦ=Exod
> 2ᒨᓯᓯᑦ=Exod
>
> with the first line in its original form, followed by the form that is
> restricted to the standard orthography.

I believe it was the intended spelling.

However, your proposed solution (of including both) is a very good
one.  I see no reason why the .conf file could not be modified to
include both.  That's certainly evident in other language .conf files.
  Also some of the other language .conf files includes partial
spellings (which I wasn't willing to do in this case), so I can't see
any downside to accepting both spellings.

You say tomato, I say tomato. :)
~A