[sword-devel] locales.d submission Inuk: iu.conf & iu-utf8.conf

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Aug 15 07:47:17 MST 2012

On 08/15/2012 07:30 AM, Andrew Thule wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:05 AM, David Haslam<dfhmch at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> >I'm wondering whether the symbols that have a small circle above are really
>> >correct.
>> >Or whether these ought to be replaced by similar looking symbols that have a
>> >dot above.
> I'm not seeing this problem.  I'm not seeing small circles you are.
> I am seeing 'dots'. Can you attach a screenshot (perhaps offline)

There's an example in the localized form of Exodus, at the beginning of
the word meaning 'second' or something like that:  ᐂᑉᐸᖏᑦ.

ᐂᑉᐸᖏᑦ (with a ring) would be transliterated aaippangit.

If ᐄᑉᐸᖏᑦ (with a dot) was intended, that would be transliterated iippangit.

I just committed a transliterator to our SVN that will transform between
Inuktitut written in syllabics and in Latin letters. I also placed it in
the ICU Transform demo, if you want to test/play with it:
http://demo.icu-project.org/icu-bin/translit .  Set Source 1 to
Inuktitut and Target 1 to Latin (or vice versa), paste some text in the
Input box, and click Transform.

--Chris