[sword-devel] usfm2osis.py

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 5 02:45:36 MST 2012

On 8/5/2012 12:38 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Although I haven't done this yet, I understand that it's feasible to install
> more than one version of Python in the same computer.
>
> So (assuming I do get that far), I should be able to install Python 2.7.

I'm not certain of this, especially on Windows, but I believe 'python'
usually refers to Python 2 and the Python 3 interpreter is 'python3' on
Linux. I'm pretty sure it's easy, if not trivial, to install them on the
same machine.

> Hmmm!  The *Software History* page in the help for Python 3.2.x jumps
> straight from 2.6.4 to 3.0 on the next row of the table.
>
> Nonetheless, there is an earlier page entitled, *What’s New in Python 2.7*
> (April 11, 2012),
> so I guess the other omission was just an oversight by the documentation
> authors.
> /Who looks at history pages, anyway?/

Python 2.7 is much more recent than 3.0, but I'm sure the jump from
2.6.4 to 3.0 was accurate at the time of 3.0's release.

--Chris