[sword-devel] USFM conformance in usfm2osis.py

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Aug 2 18:40:58 MST 2012

On 08/02/2012 03:33 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> Von: Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> I want them to have to
>> make a conscious decision to go on using a USFM converter on
>> non-USFM docs.
>
> Sounds good.
>
> When do you think you are ready to share?

Today, I hope. I've got every tag from the USFM reference handled,
except those in the peripherals & study Bibles sections. But I still
need to do a bunch of testing, since I've never encountered many of the
tags in the wild.

> Wrt xreffix.pl - the main annoyance  here is references have a huge
> variety of delimiters which is strongly locale bound but not totally
> so. So, any such functionality must either be enormously clever to
> figure this out themselves or needs to be accessible to easy
> editing/feeding with parameters.

Yeah, the is definitely a feature for a future version.
We could certainly either allow command-line specification of delimiters
or load options such as these from a config file.

--Chris