[sword-devel] Versification scheme for a new Bible translation

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:44:13 MST 2012

Hi all,

I'm working with a Bible translator who has recently completed a Bible
translation into the Tandroy language.  I'm almost done converting his
basic source into osis, and will soon be working on getting it into SWORD.

The versification looks so far to be MT verses in KJV book order in the
Old Testament and KJV in the New.  Do we have a versification scheme
that handles this combination?  If not, what is the best practice?
Request another av11n?  Cram some verses together?

Thanks,
Brian

The question is not "Have you accepted Jesus into your heart", but "Has
Jesus accepted you into His heart?"; not "have you given your whole
life for God", but "has God given His whole life for you"
	- Pr Bryan Wolfmueller, 2010