[sword-devel] TEI formatting, duplicated key (BDB Glosses)

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Sat Apr 28 11:21:22 MST 2012

Well, it may be a poor markup choice on my part, but the Strongs modules
are marked up the same way. I was just following the established pattern.

I can see a couple of reasons to include a title in addition to the key:
- Normally attributes are not displayed, only the content of elements,
except @n in TEI and sometimes @osisID in OSIS genbooks (?)
- I could see cases in which a lexicon key would not be identical to its
title or head term, such as a full BDB module keyed to Strongs. The use
of Strongs numbers in that case would be purely for the software to find
the correct entry from a Bible tagged with Strongs numbers, not a part
of the actual lexicon entry.

I guess the argument for displaying them is that you need to know what
they are to navigate the lexicon. I suppose that is a good reason to
display the attribute.

Any thoughts? I can change the markup if that is the consensus.

Daniel