[sword-devel] Native Client - NaCL and Pepper

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 23 09:22:45 MST 2012

On 04/23/2012 04:58 PM, Stephan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to build sword for NaCl, but there are many things to fix
> because NaCl doesn't support local filesystem access.

WinCE doesn't support 'normal' filesystem access either.  Most File IO
is isolated to the FileMgr class and for WinCE, we supply the other
methods needed to use the OS's custom calls.  We could use this as a
model and do the same for NaCl.

http://crosswire.org/svn/swordreader/trunk/src/Dll1/winceSword/src/

> I got warnings
> about "pthread_cancel", because that's not implemented in NaCl.

To my knowledge, we don't use pthread_* in our code.  Not sure where
this thing is coming from.

Thanks for the effort!

Troy