[sword-devel] Ubuntu 12.04 ....

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:14:48 MST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Not disputing any of this, but I'm curious why BT can't compile against SVN.
>  I don't believe we've intentionally made any API interface changes in a
> while, and we try our hardest to be backward compatible.  If you let me
> know, I can have a look at what we broke.

BibleTime will not compile against a deprecated API and there is one
place where you've deprecated a method in favor of its new camel-cased
version. We maintain a git branch with the necessary updates, but we
don't want to release that branch as it would break compat with the
current released SWORD (which is what we package on Windows and Mac).

The refusal to build against deprecated APIs is a policy choice
selected by Jaak which the rest of the developers agreed was
desirable.

--Greg