[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sat Apr 21 20:19:02 MST 2012

My requests for v1.7?

- Install Manager can download ZIP files from repos via HTTP.
- proxy support for the install manager, both FTP & HTTP.
- (new request) can we have the install manager conf file located in a random location & have the downloaded module conf files stored in a different location?  Say I want to have my repos conf file stored somewhere permanent but the downloaded conf files for the modules saved to /var/tmp, is that currently possible?  I gather they need to be in the same location atm?
- (question) is there a way to retrieve a listings of all the headings in a chapter/book of the Bible?  Would be cool if there was an easy way to grab that listing and then allow users to navigate directly to that heading in that book.  eg: in the ESV, if I'm in Ephesians, would be cool to be able to jump straight to the "One in Christ" section.  Good for that time when you're wanting to look up a certain verse about "something something" and you can quickly navigate via section headings rather than do a Bible search?  Not too fussed about this, cause I can implement it myself in PS when I eventually gain permission (prayer still accepted and appreciated with regards to getting that permission, btw!) to continue working on it from my employer, but I was thinking it may be a fun thing to be in the backend to allow any front-end to be able to do this? [or is this where someone posts 3 lines and shows that it's pathetically easy with everything that's already there?]
- I can hopefully find time to sort out what changes I have made to filters, as I have switched over to span tags for quite a few bits and pieces.  I won't even possibly have time until the end of May, tho, so perhaps it's not something we should hope I may get to before you'll be wanting to lock down a v1.7.0 release?

anyway, how loud do you want me to be?

ZIP FILES OVER HTTP
HTTP DOWNLOAD OF ZIPPED MODULES
DOWNLOAD IN ZIP FORMAT VIA HTTP OF MODULES

I'll go run away now and continue work on this Children's Lit assignment.  :)  picture books are generally much more fun than code...  ;)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)