[sword-devel] Kindle/Nook Format

Joel Anderson jpklingon at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 20:48:01 MST 2012

The easiest way to generate ereader content (for me anyway) is using Calibre - I've used it to transform HTML documents into .mobi formatted books.  If you build links to connect the pages/chapters and put in TOC anchors it can create a usable ebook document.  I've put my Klingon Language Version Psalms and New Testament (with WEB parallel) on Amazon, more as a novelty.

I'll admit that Kindles (and the like) are not the easiest for Scripture - though I have many translations on mine - it's really like a scroll more than a codex.  Better for devotional reading than research.  The And Bible on my Android phone is MUCH more powerful and nimble, allowing navigation of texts, Strongs lookups and commentary access.

"Anyone who is not an anarchist agrees with having a policeman at the corner
of the street; but the danger at present is that of finding the policeman half-way
down the chimney or even under the bed." GKC
   joel anderson * joela at umn.edu * JPA at MrKlingon.org
mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
pub:7411721:11 http://tinyurl.com/2jftto
PGP KEY: http://klv.klingonword.org/keys.html