[sword-devel] Spanish Bible Module: Reina-Valera 1960

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:15:32 MST 2012

On 04/12/2012 12:18 PM, ajguns wrote:
> Hello to everyone; I just registered to this site (Sword Devs) because
> I want this version (RV60) module, so I can add it to my BibleZ webOS
> app by Zhephanjas. I have requested him for this but he says I need to
> have a "legal" copy of it and make my own sword module. Thing is, I
> don't know how to make a sword module. I read that you have some
> versions of the RV60 that would make it easy to have an almost
> "immediately" sword module of the RV60 if we/you had the permission by
> right owners. Well, as you have already mentioned, you can make a
> sword module of the RV60 for personal usage and by doing this you are
> not infringing any right (is for your personal use, remember?). Then
> if you, lets say, upload the file here stating you use it
> for_personal_use_only_RV60_sword-module and we can download it (with
> the advice of using it for personal means only by any downloader) and
> in no way you are distributing this material with any economic mean or
> profit for you, then it's not illegal (even less if you make a legal
> statement within the module saying that anyone who downloads it does
> it by his own risk and is aware of ABS rights over RV60 and the
> acknowledgement that it is for PERSONAL USE only and no profited
> distribution is aloud without its owner consent; if needed, ask your
> lawyer for more explanation). This way we can have finally the RV60
> sword module. If it's no problem for you and know how to make this
> sword-modules stuff, please help us have it. Thank you in advance
> regardless of the outcome, ajguns
Creating a module (even for personal use) without proper license is a
violation of copyright law, at least in the USA.  Distributing it, even
if labeled "for personal use" is a very big copyright infringement.  I
HIGHLY suggest that you work to secure proper copyright license or make
use of one of the public domain translations that are available.

Please do not ask others to help to make these modules without proper
rights to do so.

Brian