[sword-devel] Some questions about the WEB module

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:12:06 MST 2012

John Z. asked,

> 1. What is technically wrong with the script at osis-converters
>   (http://code.google.com/p/osis-converters/)?

There is nothing technically wrong in what the developer is doing there,
in that it produces valid OSIS and the results works well with xulsword
once the OSIS is converted by the usual means to a module.

However, there are some new features in xulsword that are not [yet] used in
the main SWORD engine.
And there are are documented differences in how a few features are
implemented in his OSIS.

Even so, xulsword modules (e.g. those from IBT) do display well in other
SWORD or JSword front-ends.
c.f. I have all of those modules installed, and occasionaly view them using
Xiphos and Bible Desktop.

The developer participates in this mailing list from time to time, so he
should get to read this thread.
The only reason I'm replying now is due to the fact that he and I are
friends, and have a shared interest in the region being addressed by IBT's
translations.

David Haslam
Go Bible project leader