[sword-devel] [sword-support] Video tutorials

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 3 08:24:48 MST 2012

On 03/04/12 16:01, David Haslam wrote:
> I've stopped using The SWORD Project for Windows (aka BibleCS) ever since I
> replaced my Acer Aspire (WinXP) by a Toshiba Satellite (Win7 x64) in August
> 2010.  Next month, it'll be exactly four years since BibleCS was last updated.
  There was some discussion on this list a few months ago asking why
BibleCS was still so heavily promoted on the website.  I know there was
overwhelming feeling that things should change.  They did not!

Valiant attempts were made years ago by David Trotz to improve the
appearance and usability of BibleCS - but David left the project a few
years ago.  There are now at least four excellent front-ends that can
run under Windows and the web-site ought to reflect that, and encourage
the new user to try each of them.

Could I ask all of you to visit the web-site and try to behave as though
you know nothing about the Sword Project.  Or better still, have a
friend go through it and then see what impression they are left with.
It's quite an eye-opener.

God bless,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com