[sword-devel] PocketSword for iPad

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sun Sep 11 20:23:49 MST 2011

Hi Martin,

> Congratulations Nic,

Thanks.  :)

I poked around online and it appears that the Code2000 font may now be GPL'd, so I have incorporated that from http://sourceforge.net/projects/code2000/
Also, Apple have added a few new fonts in iOS (there's a list at http://iosfonts.com/ ) and so I added code to expose some of them (I don't expose all of them to users because some are useless for reading the Bible!)

> Also, what ui changes did you make for the iPad and are any screen prints available?

If you take a look at http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078 you can see 5 screenshots, and basically it is very similar to the iPhone version, as I haven't had much time to work on a complete makeover.  It takes advantage of the bigger screen and new UI elements available on the iPad in some ways, but it still has further to go.  I need to make better use of the top toolbar, for example, on the Bible tab so as to allow quick access to certain features...  When time permits I look forward to attacking it some more, but unfortunately that won't be in the next couple of months.  :(

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)