[sword-devel] OSIS tables?

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:25:40 MST 2011

On 10/15/2011 11:11 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Brian J Dumont<brian.j.dumont at gmail.com>  writes:
>> You could sort of make one in Xiphos, but it was so ugly as to be
>> totally unusable.
> Considering that Xiphos really doesn't care what the engine feeds it,
> the entirety of whether tables work in Xiphos is bound up in whether
> OSIS->HTML filtration is sufficiently precise.  Internally, Xiphos
> generates tables of its own (commentary by chapter, showing verse#s) and
> they work just fine.
Yes, this is entirely accurate.  Bibletime uses its own OSIS processing,
and hence processes tags like <cell>blah</cell>.  All of the other
SWORD-based front ends rely on the SWORD engine to do the processing,
which currently does nothing and passes on the (non-html) tags as html.

It seems like the render engine in xiphos at least picks up the <table>
tag from OSIS, but ignores all other tags (which is what you would
expect, it is not being passed anything that means anything as html).

BTW, last I checked xiphos was also fine when you encode a true html
table into your osis.  It's invalid osis, but it works.  Xiphos is also
fine with a table in a ThML file (because it's just html).

The question is not "Have you accepted Jesus into your heart", but "Has
Jesus accepted you into His heart?"; not "have you given your whole
life for God", but "has God given His whole life for you"
	- Pr Bryan Wolfmueller, 2010