[sword-devel] EMTV text source URL is now unrelated

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 10:49:20 MST 2011

As far as I know there is no tool that converts HTML or .Doc file to a OSIS
bible.

So using the HTML to convert to a .txt file caused the italics to disappear,
but I'm putting them all back in.

As I was fixing the RED letters I noticed the lack of tags as well, but
these are all fixed now.

Troy P.

>If Troy started with the HTML as the files to preprocess, what was the main
difficulty that prevented >tagging the words in italics, such that in the
OSIS XML files these would be marked as transChange >elements?

>If the HTML does contain the italics, then the conversion of tags should be
amenable to scripting.
>The main thing to be careful about is remembering that attributes are not
stacked, so italics within words >of Jesus always require special care.

>Another problem example is that Mark 2:11 had no tag to mark the end of red
letters, so the red letter >attribute "leaks" to the rest of the chapter.
There may be other instances like this.