[sword-devel] Sword 1.6.x and various frontends
jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 20:06:24 MST 2011
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Luke Schroeder <luke at motimail.com> wrote:
> It is very informative to know that it is only 2 verses. That would give
> good reason to switch to KJV versification for Sword modules. Also thanks
> for the info especially on java based front-ends. XulSword and Xiphos are
> installing it and gets the versification correct, expect for the header gets
> lost for Revelations 12. I don't know why that happened. BPBible installs
> it, keeps the right headings, but messes up the versification.
It looks like Revelation 12 is one of the two places KJV and NRSV differ, so
presumably Xiphos/XULRunner is doing something with the versification that
means the header is lost.
>From memory, BPBible would always assume KJV versification is used (an
assumption which predated Sword 1.6.x). Just out of curiousity, is
versification in BPBible correct up until 3 John? (which I think is the
second place the versifications differ)
Finally, it still is a bit frustrating that even using KJV versification the
> java based front-ends don't recognize the Bible mod I made using the latest
> osis2mod where the osis was derived from Paratext export.
> Overall a big thanks to all of you for the numerous replies given.
> On 5/25/2011 2:48 AM, Chris Little wrote:
>> Since the NRSV varies from the KJV by exactly 2 verses, I would recommend
>> just switching to KJV in osis2mod.
>> On May 24, 2011, at 9:11, Luke Schroeder<luke at motimail.com> wrote:
>> I'm slowly but surely working on getting our translation's electronic
>>> bible published.
>>> I can only install the file into Xiphos when I have it unzipped. It
>>> installs into BPBible Porteable fine from the Zip file.
>>> I cannot install it at all into Alkitab or Bibledesktop.
>>> XULrunner recognizes the file I installed from Xiphos. Alkitab and
>>> Bibledesktop do not.
>>> After several hours of trying to figure this out, I decided I would go
>>> here for help. Are several of the frontends for SWORD not capable of using
>>> Sword 1.6.x? I came to this hypothesis because my translation requires NRSV
>>> versification and I used the most current sword to make it.
>>> These are the steps I took:
>>> - I exported from Paratext to OSIS.
>>> - I used the most current OSIS2Mod.
>>> - I configured it to use NRSV's versification and rawtext
>>> - I manually created .config file
>>> - I manually setup a zip file to work with this.
>>> Please give me any tips I might be missing here. I need to send the file
>>> on to my boss.
>>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sword-devel