[sword-devel] Display versification name in the module managers?

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue May 17 16:21:16 MST 2011

Heya,

IMO, I don't think there's any need for this?  It's actually a front-end thing, so it's up to each front-end team, but the reason PS won't have this at this point in time (well, besides the fact I'm too busy with classes and so I've only done a day's programming on PS in the last couple of months, which reminds me!  Work has started on the iPad version and if you have an iPad and want to help test it, shoot me a private email and I'll get you signed up!) is that it shouldn't really matter to the end user what their preferred Bible is encoded as.  It should "just work" and be "right" for what that Bible translation team originally decided to go with.  The user shouldn't have to care that the ESV uses the KJV versification (and it could also be a distraction?) or that the Russian Synodal Bible uses the Synodal v11n rather than the KJV?

Anyway, my 2 cents...  developers are free to do whatever.  :)  For those people who are using the experimental repo, they really should be knowing what they're doing anyway, so they can simply read the conf files (or they can just do whatever and probably crash most of our front-ends -- like PS?  ;)  :D )

Hope you're all having fun and the fact that this list is quiet isn't a reflection that you're all as busy as I am right now!

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

PS: for those interested in work on a Russian Synodal Bible, there is a thread on the forums at http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,1072 about some work being done on one?  I haven't had time to investigate our current Russian situation or anything like that, but I thought some people might be interested in taking a look and perhaps commenting?  :)