[sword-devel] Font size specification inside <divinename></divinename>

Sat Jun 25 11:24:47 MST 2011

On Saturday, June 25, 2011 04:57:16 PM refdoc at gmx.net wrote:
> There is no disagreement. Sorry for top posting, telephone email is
> dreadful. Basically I think that the markup needs to be capable of being
> handled differently case by case. Some languages have strong print style
> traditions, others don't. In some languages we essentially try to capture
> what has been done for hundreds of years, in others we will be the first
> that provide a study bible. So, again, I favour classed spans, and disagree
> with prescriptive layout which is nonexistent in some languges

I agree with classed spans defniely for the reasons above, and becuase a
classed span can also have a lang attribute (or the rendered passage can) that
can then be used to provide an alternate rendering to small caps via an
external or internal style-sheet. But still, all this begs the question of if
the divine name tag is even needed (see my other email) and if so, in
languages without small caps how would the reader expect it to be? Or if we're
the first what would the best way to render be that allows print bibles to
imitate?