[sword-devel] BibleZ HD Beta - webOS Bible Reader App for the HP TouchPad

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jul 24 12:17:50 MST 2011

On 24/07/11 17:38, Stephan Tetzel wrote:
 Do I need all icu libraries to get sword
> working with icu support?

I am no programmer, but the following might be useful nevertheless:

ICU is used for

1) transliteration - if you do not have the feature, you probably do not
need it

2) Search input normalisation - you probably want that

3) rendering of complex scripts - you definitely want that.

Also I remember when Xiphos team wanted to reduce the size of the
distributed Windows binary (which needed to carry along a lot of stuff
which is normal on Linux) they used a tool called strip which removed
all not relevant stuff and deflated the final release by several (many)
megabytes.

Peter