[sword-devel] Versification comparison script (was Re: osis2mod unhappy with New Testament osisIDs)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:50:10 MST 2011

They live within the SWORD source.  If you have the swig executable
you can enable bindings. I prefer to do it with CMake like follows:

mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DSWORD_BINDINGS=Python <other CMake options> ..
make -j5 && sudo make install
pushd bindings/swig/python
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
popd

This should install the Python SWORD module to the system directory
you chose.  You can then import it with "import Sword".  You can also
build them for Perl with basically the same set of instructions -
change -DSWORD_BINDINGS=Python to -DSWORD_BINDINGS="Perl" or
-DSWORD_BINDINGS="Python Perl" if you want to build both sets of
bindings.  You can also build them with autotools, but I don't
remember the switches.

--Greg