[sword-devel] Russian russynodal

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Jul 9 22:07:32 MST 2011

On 7/9/2011 1:46 PM, Martin Denham wrote:
> I loaded the new russynodal module from
> ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/avraw into And Bible recently and it
> seems to look fine.

Doesn't And Bible not support av11n? If it doesn't, I would not
recommend making the avraw repo available to And Bible users. Since the
book order, chapter counts, & verse counts are all radically different
in the Synodal v11n (relative to the KJV), the correspondence between
verse number (as reported by And Bible) and verse text will quickly
become very inaccurate. (In the NT, it might not be so bad, though.)

> I was wondering if this module should work well enough with existing
> apps to make it available to users.  Most Russian users stopped using
> And Bible when the original rst was removed.

"Most Russian users" quit using And Bible after a module that they had
already installed was removed from the repo?

--Chris