[sword-devel] [jsword-devel] Missing short bible book names for most languages

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 06:03:50 MST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2011, at 6:06 AM, Ben Morgan wrote:
>
> BPBible has some of the abbreviations you were looking for that aren't in
> jsword: fr, hu, and pt
> as well as hi (hindi) and ne (nepali)
>
> http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Flocales%2Flocales.d<http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/source/browse/#svn/trunk/locales/locales.d>
>

> Thanks for the info! We'll use it to improve JSword.
>
> I'm curious how/why this differs from SWORD's locales.d? Any thought to
> submitting the differences to the SWORD project?
>
> It's mostly got extras because that's what we had submitted. Most of the
locales we have are the same; in a couple of cases BPBible has added some
extra BPBible specific niceties (0-9 in the other language for example). I
haven't really got time to submit them at the moment; I'm quite happy for
someone to put these in the SWORD project (that said, it is easier to
control them if they are just in BPBible...)

We also have a BPBible specific english locale that attempts to display
better booknames (i.e. no roman numerals and reduce the 3 word book names)

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!