[sword-devel] Bibtex for modules

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jan 10 09:03:18 MST 2011

Modules really should have bibtex or something similar in their conf file. This would improve the use of our library for academic purposes.

We have talked about this a while ago.

I think we reached some sort of agreement that Bibtex entries should be added to the conf file, though beyond the principle we did not move. Nor has anyone committed any code.

What I have done is created a web page which contains my personal module collection in Bibtex format. It is a bit arbitrary as it a wild selection of modules including a couple of home grown ones. I will start weeding it and sorting it into Repos.

My ultimate plan would be to add an entry into each conf file with a complete record.

The page is here. I suggest that
a) other relevant modules get added,
b) corrections and improvements get added too
Once it looks somehow decent I think we can figure out what to do next, though my suggestion is a single conf entry with all Bibtex bits in a single line.

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Bibtex_entries

Peter