[sword-devel] Is Delitzsch Hebrew NT available?

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 4 06:15:38 MST 2011

On 01/04/2011 01:32 AM, Chris Little wrote:

> Our current "HebModern" text is not the Delitzsch NT. Conceivably it's
> some other edition, but its text differs considerably from the
> Delitzsch NT I have. It also includes an OT translation, which
> Delitzsch didn't do, so it should be pretty obvious that it isn't
> Delitzsch's.
>
> --Chris
A super-quick Google search turns up a big to-do over with BibleWorks
users.  Apparently there was a web site with a translation of unknown
origin masquerading as the Delitzsch NT, and that made its way into a
BibleWorks module.  It's seems possible that that's the same text as our
"HebModern" module.  I can't read Hebrew, so I can't really check into
it very effectively.

Does anyone know what the text source was for the "HebModern" module?
The conf file says it was from the Unbound Bible, the Unbound Bible says
it was imported from the SWORD project!

Brian