[sword-devel] Is Delitzsch Hebrew NT available?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:53:37 MST 2011

Michael,

Have you made further enquiries to Streams in the Negev to ask about the
possibility for having access to the most "upstream" source text from which
the PDF file was generated?

We often find that patient and supportive lobbying to publishers -
establishing a trust relationship - seeking to serve them freely - can be
very fruitful.

This would obviate the need to crack the PDF file for usable content, and
avoids the related risk of introducing errors into the text before making a
SWORD module.

Sometimes there is an additional benefit, in that our preprocessing tools
can occasionally unearth some minor flaws that even the translators and/or
publishers are unaware of. For example, finding unmatched pairs of left and
right quotation marks (for languages that use such). Our feedback (when
communicated respectfully) thus increases the trust between CrossWire and
the publisher, with the overall result of future quality improvement for
their next printed edition, as well as the first step towards making their
Bible available for all the user programs we support.

David