[sword-devel] Portugese Bibles

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:37:13 MST 2011

Just had another user in #bibletime asking about Portugese
translations of the Bible.  I pointed him to the CrossWire repository
to download our copy of the Biblia Livre there.  He says that the
module only includes the New Testament and Psalms, but the Biblia
Livre website now (since Jan 28) includes Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song
of Songs (Canticles) and Isaiah.  It looks like they are also
releasing their module in a .ZIP archive of what they claim is a SWORD
module here: http://sites.google.com/site/biblialivre/arquivos

I don't know our copyright/distribution agreements with them if indeed
we have them, and I know nothing of Portugese to try and sift through
their website.  If someone could update our module with that one, it
would be appreciated.  Also, any word on further complete texts in
progress (I believe Peter is working on one when not busy with the
website updates) would be appreciated.

--Greg