[sword-devel] resolution

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Feb 15 01:25:32 MST 2011

On 14/02/11 21:09, Chris Little wrote:
> I thought I saw some mention of problems viewing the new news page on
> lower resolution screens, but now can't find the thread. There's
> definitely a problem with the right sidebar in narrow windows, since it
> covers the right side of the news frame. On iPhone, it covers most of
> the User Software column.

Ok. this is important. It is though not a problem of low res screens per se.

My Android is doing just fine - which let me to use the scheme in the
first place. On FF though on my big screen things start to go wrong when
I make the window too narrow.

> The sidebar overlapping needs some sort of fix for the sake of all
> browsers/narrow screens. For mobile browsers, we might want to develop a
> different stylesheet that excludes the sidebar entirely and/or reduces
> the 3-column layout to 1 column (and do browser/OS detection to decide
> on a stylesheet).

I think we did some browser testing already wrt IE6 etc. So there is
precedent. But maybe this can get avoided.

There is though one thing prior to  aiming for perfection - Troy and I
discussed that we really only should attempt to get the site into a
place where someone with real skills in this area can work. I think we
might have someone lined up and I will know in a few days or so.

Peter