[sword-devel] Patch for Sword crash with BibleTime on Windows

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 11 18:49:10 MST 2011

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the report.  The problem with your patch is that it doesn't
actually fix the problem.  read should fail if you try to read from an
invalid file descriptor.  The problem is that it sounds like the
RawFiles driver has a bug which is reading from an invalid file descriptor.

Does this make sense?  I appreciate the report.  We should track this
down.  And I appreciate that this fixes your specific problem, but it
changes the behavior of the SWORD read method to be different from the
libc read method and I don't think we should do this.

If you can track down the problem in RawFiles near line 194, that would
be excellent!

Thanks again for the report,

Troy