[sword-devel] Support for the Khmer language in front-ends?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 05:19:19 MST 2011

The Khmer language is the main one spoken in Cambodia.

I'm working with  http://www.asiaforjesus.org Words of Life Ministries
towards making a SWORD module for the Khmer New Testament.

Please would all the front-end developers report back on what the status is
for supporting the Khmer script, including whether the OS or application
framework has support for Khmer Unicode.

Unicode fonts are available. The font family I have received is called
Antioch.

I'd like to set up a dialogue for each of you to collaborate with the main
translator in order to add the Khmer localization for your front-end
application.
If you'd like to do that, please reply to me directly.

I have tested a preliminary (rudimentary) module in Xiphos already, and it's
looking good.
KhmerNT: John 3:16. ដ្បិត​ព្រះជា​ម្ចាស់ស្រលាញ់​មនុស្ស​លោក​ដល់​ម៉្លេះ បាន​ជា
ព្រះ​អង្គ​ប្រទាន​ព្រះ​រាជ​បុត្រា​តែ​មួយ ដើម្បី​ឲ្យ​អស់​អ្នក​ដែល​ជឿ​លើ​ព្រះ
រាជ​បុត្រា​នោះ មិន​​ត្រូវ​​វិនាស​ឡើយ គឺ​ឲ្យមាន​ជីវិត​អស់កល្ប​ជានិច្ច​វិញ​

I found a minor issue in the GUI for the language code, but I'll report that
via sourceforge.

Everyone - please pray for success - especially for the next steps required
to make a fully-featured module.
There are some technical hurdles to tackle.

Yours in Christ's service,
David Haslam