[sword-devel] Jira maintenance

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Thu Feb 3 04:35:48 MST 2011

Greenhopper is brilliant. It is used mostly for Agile management, but also
lends itself well to the following operations:

Prioritisation: On the planning board, drag and drop items into different
versions, and also up and down to move them to the top of the priority
queue, or to the bottom

On the task board, you can have a nice TODO, In Progress, Done view.

The chart board might be less useful in our environments as we may not
always have defined deadlines, but they show a trend of how fast things are
being achieved over time. The red line indicates the ideal burn down if you
want to hit the deadline you set yourself.

The task board also gives different views (cards, lines, etc.) and easy
operations from there, like assigning to yourself in one click, editing an
issue text or commenting...

All this new functionality is under the "Agile" tab in the top menu bar.

Hope that helps a bit...
Chris