[sword-devel] Normalization?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Aug 31 06:21:45 MST 2011

Quickly before posting, this data is not entirely accurate.

I've posted this a number of times and hope frontends have taken this to
heart.

SWORD has the concept of preparing a text for searching.
Modules can add StripFilters to do whatever preparation they want to do
for searching.
SWModule makes this processing available for not just the module text,
but also for any buffer that might want to be prepared exactly the same
way (SWModule::StripText)
It is highly recommended that frontend developers use this method on the
user inputted search term.

http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/mobile-devel/2010-May/000121.html