[sword-devel] v11n Verification Script

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:39:13 MST 2011

Using DM's suggestion I wrote a basic evaluation system to look at two
texts and compare versification contents.  You can fetch it from

It requires the Sword Python bindings as well as the numpy Python
library for calculation of means and standard deviations.

Usage: ./v11n_check.py <source language module> <target language module> <OT|NT>

$ ./v11n_check.py WHNU KJV NT
$ ./v11n_check.py WLC KJV OT

The script will follow the versification of the original-language text
and will report any empty verses found in either text.  It will then
output any last-verse-in-chapter scriptures it came across that are
greater than 2 standard deviations away from the mean.  2 STD is
supposed to be sufficient to catch 95% of the correct values, if this
method has a chance of working with this straightforward of an

Give it a look and tell me what you think.