[sword-devel] v11n Verification Script

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:39:13 MST 2011

Using DM's suggestion I wrote a basic evaluation system to look at two
texts and compare versification contents.  You can fetch it from
http://dl.thehellings.com/v11n_check.py

It requires the Sword Python bindings as well as the numpy Python
library for calculation of means and standard deviations.

Usage: ./v11n_check.py <source language module> <target language module> <OT|NT>

Examples:
$ ./v11n_check.py WHNU KJV NT
$ ./v11n_check.py WLC KJV OT

The script will follow the versification of the original-language text
and will report any empty verses found in either text.  It will then
output any last-verse-in-chapter scriptures it came across that are
greater than 2 standard deviations away from the mean.  2 STD is
supposed to be sufficient to catch 95% of the correct values, if this
method has a chance of working with this straightforward of an
algorithm.

Give it a look and tell me what you think.

--Greg