[sword-devel] Shorter book name abbreviations

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:40:45 MST 2010

I was suggesting that in your application's settings you could provide
a "customize book abbreviations" mechanism to the user, so they
wouldn't have to locate the files and manually edit them.

I don't see a problem with the 2 letter ones, as long as they are
clearly obvious as to what they are.  Philippians and Philemon, for
example, I don't think ought to be given default 2 letter
abbreviations.  While "Ph" usually means Philippians and "Phil" means
Philemon, usually don't remember Philippian's existence when I'm
quickly abbreviating Philemon as "Ph".

Thus, if you allow the user to edit the abbreviations through the
application, then they can select "P" to mean Philemon if they use
that book frequently or "N" to be Nehemiah.  It could also solve this
user's problem directly by allowing him to provide his own set of
2-character abbreviations.

--Greg