[sword-devel] CMake status (was Re: Sword 1.6.2 NOW!)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 17:57:51 MST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
<dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 14 September 2010 19:46, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
>>  Thanks for the email link Greg.  Yeah, the submitted changes in question
>> from project A were filter updates, and we do specifically state in that
>> email that filter updates are allowed in a stable branch.  It was kindof an
>> odd situation.  The updates merely added css classes to a few of the html
>> tags which are outputted from the filters, none of the projects involved
>> thought adding css classes would break anyone.
>>
>> One of the things in head currently which isn't mentioned in that email is
>> binding improvements and also your additional cmake make system.  I'm not
>> sure how I feel about binding improvements being included in a stable
>> branch, but I don't see an issue including an additional make system.  Any
>> thoughts?
>>

> cmake stuff is not finished yet =/ there are still quite a bit of
> stuff that needs to be tested.

I would like to use this as another chance to implore people to try
out the CMake system and report on how it is working for you.  I have
implemented everything Dmitrijs has so far asked me for except for
CPack work.  However, I haven't heard from other people if the system
is working for anyone other than Dmitrijs and myself.

--Greg