[sword-devel] Sword 1.6.2 NOW!

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Sep 14 10:43:12 MST 2010

  Understood going forward.

There were a few factors which made this a slightly non-standard
situation.  First, this wasn't exactly a bug fix.  It was a workaround
for a bug in a version of libcurl.  I was hoping libcurl would be
patched.  And no, I personally didn't report the issue to the curl team,
which I should have.  Secondly, one of our frontend projects submitted a
small update which changed something another of our frontends depended
on.  The second project had updated their code to still work with the
new change, but they hadn't released yet.  If they had released then
everyone would be happy with us releasing SVN as is.  As it stands right
now 1 of the 2 projects will need to patch SVN for their frontend to
work.  So delaying was a hopeful but unfruitful exercise.  It was a
choice we made to with the best information we had at the time.

All this to say, sometime the situation is a little more complicated
than shear negligence, so please be kind when asking for a release.

We're planning to release 1.6.2 probably next week so I hope this is
quick enough.

Troy